Monday, August 31, 2015

Schwartz Grill Mates


I'm terrible when it comes to marinating meat - I buy the ingredients, mix the marinade - and then usually realise that the recipes says refrigerate overnight, and I wanted to have it for dinner this evening. Also, you sometimes need quite bespoke ingredients for a marinade which means you then have half-used bottles lurking at the back of your cupboard for months if not years.

For both those reasons I really like the idea of these Schwartz Grill Mates. They have 23 different options from marinades to oils to glazes, and some are as quick as brushing on to your meat 15 minutes before the end of cooking. What could be simpler?

I was sent a selection of the sachets, which retail at £1.40; they are enough for the whole family (I marinated two whole packs of chicken thighs for a barbecue and there was plenty in the packet) but you just throw the empty packet away at the end and can try something different next time. Obviously that does work out more expensive in the long run but it is far more convenient and ultimately avoids waste if you do buy different ingredients and then don't use them up.


I used the Mediterranean BBQ glaze on my chicken which was really tasty and I can't wait to try the other flavours!


Thanks to Schwartz for sending me the sachets to review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment