Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Strawberry and White Chocolate Blondies



I had some strawberries that needed using up and it was that time of the month again where I was due to spend a whole day with the design agency I work with and I've got into the habit of taking cake.

I wanted something that would be easy to transport and thought that blondies - a bit like brownies, but without chocolate - would work really well as a way of incorporating the strawberries.
 

I found a recipe on the Good Food website for strawberry and macademia blondies but changed them to leave out the nuts. I also ran out of light muscovado sugar so used a mixture of half caster sugar, half demerera! They turned out well but I took my eye off the clock and overbaked them a bit which was a shame.

You need:
125g butter
200g white chocolate
2 eggs
50g caster sugar
50g brown sugar
130g plain flour
120g strawberries

Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 22cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper. Or if you have a brownie pan like I do, use that - spray with Cake Release.

Melt the butter and white chocolate in a small pan or in the microwave.

In a separate bowl cream the eggs and sugar then fold in the flour and the chocolate and butter mixture.




Chop the strawberries and fold in to the mixture. Pour into the tin and bake for 30 minutes.



 Leave to cool in the tin. Turn out of the brownie pan or if you have used a larger pan, turn out and cut into squares.


I'm sending this to Tea Time Treats as they have a theme of summer holiday baking; the strawberries make this quite summery and also this is an easy bake to make with the kids while they are off from school. The challenge is hosted by Karen at Lavender and Lovage and Jane at The Hedgecombers,



I'm also sharing it with the Vegetable Palette challenge, hosted by Shaheen at Allotment 2 Kitchen; the theme is 'more glorious reds' and she accepts fruits as well as veg.

 
These travel well so you could take them on a picnic; for that reason I'm sending these to Ness at JibberJabberUK for her challenge Love Cake.


In addition I'm sending this to the Food Year Linkup hosted by Charlottes Lively Kitchen. There are plenty of things happening this month and time of year that these blondies would be good for, but one stands out in particular, Breast Cancer Care's Strawberry Tea fundraiser.

Food Year Linkup August 2015

Finally I'm sending this to We Should Cocoa, hosted by Choclette at Tin and Thyme; anything goes this month as long as it uses chocolate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment